A Dishwasher is a staple item of the modern kitchen. It is an essential appliance that aims at saving a lot of time and energy in day-to-day lives. Nowadays, modern dishwashers can save water less than a full sink by using fewer wash cycles. Given below is a complete guide on what to look for when buying a dishwasher.
- It must fit into your space: This is one of the essential factors in selecting a dishwasher. The full-size dishwasher models are 85cm tall, 60cm wide and 60cm deep. They also have extra space at the back for ventilation. Before going to the shop, take a tape, and measure the dimensions of the place where you will be placing your dishwasher.
- How much capacity it can hold: If you are single, then you need a six to nine place setting dishwasher. If you are having a small family of four people, a nine to twelve setting dishwasher will be perfect. Large families need a 13 or more-place setting dishwasher.
- Adjustable racks: The racks should be adjustable based on the dirty dishes’ requirement. It comes in collapsible prongs, movable cutlery basket, or adjustable height.
- Noise: The noise levels should always be between 40-50 dB.
- Water-efficient: The dishwasher should be both water and energy-efficient.
- Different types of the dishwasher: Dishwashers differ widely in a range of styles and sizes. Some of them are:
a. Benchtop: A dishwasher that can be kept on your kitchen bench if you have a space crunch in your apartment.
b. Semi-integrated: The one which is built into your kitchen cupboards.
c. Freestanding: The one which can easily slide into the designated kitchen space.
d. Fully-integrated: The one which is similar to the semi-integrated model along with the front panel.
All Dishwashers must come with a warranty. One should go through all the customer reviews and go the right amount of research before buying a dishwasher. Use the Myer discount code to avail discounts and offers when buying a dishwasher online.